Delicious, moist yellow cake with caramel filling and whipped caramel frosting.
- 1 yellow cake mix (I prefer Pillsbury)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
For the filling:
For the frosting:
- For the cupcakes, thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Bake at 325° for about 18 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool while you make the filling (or use pre-made Caramel sauce from a jar, such as Smuckers). When cool, use an apple corer to remove the center and prepare for filling (see how to do this [here|https://rosebakes.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes-oh-my-goodness/).
- To make the filling (if you’re not using pre-made), add the butter, brown sugar and milk to a small saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, about 3-5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Allow to cool slightly and it will start to thicken. Spoon it into the cupcake holes.
- For the frosting, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add in the brown sugar and cream. Heat until it boils, then remove it from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Slowly add in the confectioners sugar while mixing. Add the vanilla. Continue mixing until the frosting is completely cooled and is whipped up light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!!