- 1 (13 oz.) bag of chocolate chip cookies, I prefer Chips Ahoy!, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. all purpose flour
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed cookies, sugar and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1″ up the sides of a 9″ springform pan. Use the bottom of a glass to get into the corners – works great! Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, flour and sugar until smooth. Add the sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs and mix just until combined. Be careful not to over-mix!! If you get too much air into the cheesecake batter, it might cause your cheesecake to crack during baking!
- Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugars, mixing until it’s light and fluffy. Add the water and vanilla; gradually add flour. Gently fold in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into the filling, gently pushing dough below the surface with the handle of a spoon or a butter knife! The cookie dough should be completely covered by filling… if you notice that mine had the cookie dough on top – it’s because we forgot to do this step 😉
- Put the pan on a cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake. Cool at least another hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight would be better!).
- Remove the edges of the pan and garnish with mini chocolate chips, if desired. We didn’t do this since our dough was on top!