- 1 ½ lb. boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ½ pound fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- ½ pound fresh baby baby carrots
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, drained
- 6 cups of hot cooked rice
- Sesame Seeds (optional, garnish)
- Place the sliced beef in the bottom of your crock pot. In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over the beef and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before you’re ready to eat, stir together the corn starch and water with a fork in a small bowl. Pour it into the crock pot and stir.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts to the mixture and stir again until everything is well coated. Turn the crock pot on high and cook for about another hour (depending on your crock pot).
- Serve over hot, cooked rice. Be sure to dip out some of that yummy sauce too.. then sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired!