I love Chinese food. And Japanese food. And sushi... oh how I love sushi. But since we moved back to my hometown almost 3 years ago, I rarely get to eat this... one of my favorite cuisines. Enters into my life: Crock Pot Beef & Veggies Over Rice.
You see, my tiny town doesn't offer Chinese food. I have to drive almost 40 miles for that... and honestly, even when I go to the not-so-big town 40 miles away, I'm often with a gaggle of kids and we often end up at McDonald's or Wendys.
I love those places, but really... sometimes I just want some Beef & Broccoli, or Sesame Chicken... or a Philadelphia Roll (or three). You know?
So last week when linking up at Tuesday Talent Show, I found this recipe for Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli and I knew I had to make it. It looked so easy - and it cooked in the crock pot... hello??? I love my crock pot!!
So, I made a few changes (not that you'd have to) and wha-la... it was delicious!! Mostly I changed the quantities (to accommodate my family of 8) and I added more veggies (because we don't get enough of those around here)... and I tell you - this recipe is a winner!!
Now I can have Chinese at home... and it's cheaper than eating out! My husband has already suggested that we make it again soon! Yay!!
Crock Pot Beef & Veggies Over Rice
Here's the printable recipe for you:Print
Slow Cooker Beef & Veggies Over Rice
- 1 ½ lb. boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ½ pound fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- ½ pound fresh baby baby carrots
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, drained
- 6 cups of hot cooked rice
- Sesame Seeds (optional, garnish)
- Place the sliced beef in the bottom of your crock pot. In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Pour over the beef and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before you’re ready to eat, stir together the corn starch and water with a fork in a small bowl. Pour it into the crock pot and stir.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts to the mixture and stir again until everything is well coated. Turn the crock pot on high and cook for about another hour (depending on your crock pot).
- Serve over hot, cooked rice. Be sure to dip out some of that yummy sauce too.. then sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired!
Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! We (well, most of us) love Chinese food!
I love a good crock pot meal, thanks for sharing!
You're welcome... and thanks for visiting!
Looks good. Thanks for sharing this great recipe with us at The Sunday Round Up.
This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday 🙂
This looks a pretty quick and healthy meal to put together. Would you share it today on my foodie friday linky?
Love the crockpot too. My son who is anti-veggie right now will eat them in an Asian dish. It must be the sauce. I like how you filled out the recipe with veggies. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday, see you next week.
This sounds great. Pinning so I can make it this week! Thanks for the recipe.
I hear ya on the Chinese food. We live in a place where there are hardly any Chinese restaurants and the ones we do have are terrible. I make this for my family, but usually on the stove. Will have to give your slow cooker one a try. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday. Pinned.