- 1 head of Romaine lettuce or Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1 large bunch of broccoli (crowns only)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package Ramen noodles, crumbled up into small pieces
- 1 stick of butter
- chopped green onions (optional - I skip 'em because I don't "do" raw onion)
Sweet & Sour Dressing:
- For the salad, finely tear the lettuce and chop the broccoli. Toss together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the crunchy toppings, start by melting the butter in a skillet. When the butter is hot (careful not to scorch it!), add the pecans and broken noodles; cook until brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel and store in a Ziploc (with paper towel) until ready to serve.
- For dressing, heat vinegar in the microwave until boiling (1-2 minutes). Add the sugar, then shake or stir vigorously until dissolved. Add soy sauce and oil and shake again. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Immediately before serving, toss the salad and toppings together. Shake dressing until mixed well and pour over the other ingredients, lightly tossing it until it's all coated!
- This salad can be prepared ahead of time and mixed up at the last minute.