This Easy Easter Rice Krispie Treats recipe is so simple and festive with only a few ingredients! You can also forget about those worrisome food allergies and make these allergy-friendly with a few quick substitutions! Change up the sprinkles for Easter, Spring, or to match any occasion!
- Spray a 10 x 7 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl and place in the microwave. Heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- If not completely smooth, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Immediately stir well until the butter is fully mixed into the marshmallows.
- Quickly add the cereal and mix well until the cereal is fully covered.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread even and press down to compact the mixture.
- Cover in sprinkles and lightly press on the sprinkles to press them against the marshmallow so they stay stuck.
- Cover and let sit until hardened and easily cut without being gooey.
● The sprinkles I link to specifically are free of any contaminants for allergy-free treats. So, it’s important to read the back of your ingredients to ensure they’re safe, even if it’s not listed in the ingredients.
● I use the name-brand mini marshmallows because they don’t have contaminants and they seem to melt easier than off brand.
● You can use other size pans, if desired. For example, if you want a thinner treat, use a bigger pan.
● Don’t overheat the marshmallows or they will taste burnt or turn out chewier than normal.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 2
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispies, rice krispies treats, rice crispy treats, cereal, microwave, rice cereal treats, sculpting for cake, microwave rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats recipe microwave, rice krispie treats microwave recipe, rice krispies treats variations, homestyle rice krispie treats, gluten free rice krispie treats, microwave rice crispy treats, rice crispy treats microwave