These Easy Meringue Cookies are sweet, crispy and as light as a cloud. They are perfect for any occasion and can be dressed up with different colors of flavors or used as decor on cakes and pies. Also known as Forgotten Cookies, Meringue Cookies are simple to make (with only 3 ingredients + water) and this fat-free dessert will melt in your mouth! They taste a little like crunchy marshmallows!
1/4 cup meringue powder or two egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or other flavor of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the meringue powder and water. Mix with the whisk attachment on high speed until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer still running on high, gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it’s all used and stiff peaks form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Check the batter for smoothness by rubbing a small amount between your fingers to be sure all sugar is disolved and it’s no longer gritty. If it is grainy, mix longer until it’s smooth and glossy.
- Mix in vanilla (or other flavor).
- Scoop some batter into a piping bag fitted with large piping tip. Pipe desired shapes onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 250°F. Turn the oven off, slightly open the oven door and leave the cookies overnight (or for 6-8 hours) until they’re completely dry and crispy. Peel off and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: forgotten, cookies, forgotten cookies, meringues, meringue cookies, easy meringue cookies, easy, simple, basic, marshmallows