These Easy Taco Pockets are kid-friendly and perfect for a weekend lunch or busy weeknight supper!
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 cup cooked, partially mashed pinto beans*
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® biscuits
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Lettuce & Tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a skillet, mix together the ground beef, taco seasoning mix, 1/2 cup salsa, and water. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Next you’ll pop open your can of Grands biscuits, and on a flat surface, press each biscuit into a 6″ round (kids love doing this part!!). Spoon the meat mixture (probably about 1/3 cup per biscuit) onto the center of each biscuit, then top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold the dough over the filling (in half) and press the edges together to seal.
- Then place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (the original recipe said 9-14, but ours were done in about 10 minutes). Serve with salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and/or tomato!