- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream, divided
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 large box of vanilla wafers or ladyfingers
- 1 cup of very strong coffee*, cooled
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- *I like to use Nescafe Instant Vanilla and put way more than is called for in that amount of water!
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together 1 cup heavy whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. In a separate bowl, beat remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. I like to do this in my Kitchenaid with the whisk attachment.
- Gently fold the whipping cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Now, get out your 9″x13″ dish and your cookies. Dip each cookie in the strong coffee and line the pan with them. You want them saturated, but not totally soggy. I usually just dip the whole cookie in and out of the coffee really quickly and they’re perfect!
- Spoon half of the cream and cheese mixture on top of the cookies
- Repeat these layers.
- Now you want to cover the top of the dessert with cocoa powder. I use a sifter to get a really good even coat of chocolate. You don’t want to skimp.
- Now… here’s the hard part. Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours before you enjoy it.
- That’s the part that always kills me… the waiting!
- Then ENJOY!!