This Confetti Cake Recipe is delicious, and moist, and holds up well for tiered cakes or carving.
- 1 (15.25 oz) white cake mix - I use Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (185 g) all-purpose flour (OR 1 cup of AP flour + 1/2 cup extra cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cup (360 ml) water
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract (or omit the almond and do 2 tsp. of vanilla)
- 4 egg whites (for true white) or 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz. or 25 g) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies
- Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients and beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes, until well combined.
- Gently stir in jimmies.
- Bake at 325° (time depends on the size pans used*). I bake cupcakes for 18 minutes or cakes in 8" round pan for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then flip out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Fill & frost with Vanilla Buttercream or Cream Cheese Buttercream.
- This is enough batter to perfectly fill two 8-inch cake pans. You will have to multiply it to make a tiered cake like this unicorn cake.
- You can frost this cake with cream cheese or vanilla buttercream. Both are delicious!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: confetti cake, confetti, cake, funfetti, white cake, white, confetti cake recipe