- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 pan with pan release or butter and flour.
- In a bowl over simmering water, melt the butter, shortening, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally. Once mixture is melted and combined, cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, and sugar together. Add the chocolate mixture and combine.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the chocolate mixture.
- At this point, you can add in nuts (1 cup) if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pan and bake an additional 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to not over bake.
- Cool completely. Makes 15 large brownies.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins