This Jack Daniels Bread Pudding is a classic southern bread pudding with an incredible Jack Daniels infused caramel sauce. It’s pretty much the only bread pudding I’ll eat – in my opinion, it’s the best bread pudding recipe EVER!
- 1 (1 pound) loaves of French bread, cubed and toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
JACK DANIELS SAUCE
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.
If you haven’t already, cube the French bread (approximately 1-inch pieces) and toast them until lightly browned.
Spread the cubed, toasted bread, raisins, and pecans in the prepared pan. You can absolutely skip the raisins and/or the pecans if those don’t appeal to you. I’ve made it with and without those and it’s still amazing!
In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat.
In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pour 1 cup of the heated milk mixture to the egg mixture to temper it, then add the egg mixture back into the hot milk mixture.
Pour the eggs/milk over the cubed bread in the pan. Cover with foil. You can bake immediately or let it soak in the fridge overnight before baking.
Place a large baking sheet (or other larger baking pan that’s at least an inch deep) in your oven and place your dish filled with bread pudding onto the larger pan. Pour water at least half an inch deep into the outer pan.
Bake at 350°F for one hour. Remove foil and place back in oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until nicely browned. During this last 15 minutes, make the sauce below.
Pour the Jack Daniels sauce over the baked bread pudding and keep warm in oven until time to serve.
Jack Daniels Sauce:
During the last 15 minutes of the bread pudding browning, make the sauce.
Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until it begins to thicken. Reduce until it’s a syrup consistency.
Pour the sauce over the hot bread pudding. I often have leftovers that I save and add more to the pudding while eating or to pour over ice cream on top of the bread pudding.
- This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 11×17 dish for a thicker pudding or two 9×13’s (obviously).
- The cooked bread pudding and sauce can be frozen. I thaw in the fridge overnight, then slowly reheat in the oven covered with foil and rewarm the sauce in the microwave.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread pudding, bread, pudding, Jack Daniels, whiskey, caramel, southern, pecans, raisins, bread pudding recipe, jack daniels bread pudding