- 1 Plain Lemon Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon curd (plus extra for spreading between the layers)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray two 8" pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until well combined (scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary).
- Divide the batter into the two pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a cooling rack and completely cool.
- Place the first layer on a plate and spread with cream cheese frosting.
- Cover that with a thin layer of lemon curd.
- Stack the second layer of cake on top.
- Frost the outside of the cake and allow it to chill.
- Serve and enjoy!