Lemon Icebox Cake with Lemon Curd Filling & Cream Cheese Frosting. Lemon, lemon, lemon... I love lemon. Lemon Icebox Pie, Lemon Bars, Lemonade... heck, I even love Lemon Heads!
This week I had an order for a cake with Lemon Curd filling and I'd never made or had lemon curd before. So of course, I had to make it and taste it. But my tasting had to wait for my 40 day sugar fast to end... and that was yesterday! I was super excited to get a taste of it!
This cake does not require any fancy ingredients... no special equipment. It starts with a cake mix (I love cake mix recipes!) and then you add in some easy homemade lemon curd... then top with that super delicious (my favorite) cream cheese frosting!Print
- 1 Plain Lemon Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup lemon curd (plus extra for spreading between the layers)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray two 8" pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until well combined (scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary).
- Divide the batter into the two pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a cooling rack and completely cool.
- Place the first layer on a plate and spread with cream cheese frosting.
- Cover that with a thin layer of lemon curd.
- Stack the second layer of cake on top.
- Frost the outside of the cake and allow it to chill.
- Serve and enjoy!