These Old Fashioned Green Beans with Bacon are delicious. The green beans are baked with a sweet sauce and crispy salty bacon that make for a perfect combination and this recipe will feed a crowd!
- 5 (15 oz.) cans green beans
- 10–12 slices of bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet (with edges, like this one) with foil. then spread out the bacon and bake it for 20 minutes, or until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, open and drain the green beans, then spread them out in a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce and minced garlic . Pour it over the green beans.
- After the bacon is crispy, remove it from the oven, drain and chop it. Spread it over the green beans. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, then bake the beans for 40 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Side Dishes
Keywords: green beans, bacon, old-fashioned, Thanksgiving, side dish, Christmas, Side Dishes, Vegetables, beans