This is our family’s favorite cookie! A big soft chewy chocolate chip cookie.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by generously rounded tablespoons (I use a medium scooper…probably more like 2-3 tablespoons) onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for at 350° 10-12 minutes (or 13-15 minutes for the big ones) or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.