This quick and easy homemade almond paste recipe will really step up your baking. Almond Paste is a classic ingredient needed in some baked goods. This recipe makes it easy for you to whip up your own at home. You'll be able to add rich almond flavor to your cookies with an easy recipe.
● 2 Cups Fine Almond Flour
● 1 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
● 1 Large Egg White
● 3 Teaspoons Water (optional)
● 2 Teaspoons Almond Extract
● Pinch of Salt
- Combine the flour and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the mixture to a large food processor and blend for about a minute or until no lumps remain.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the water and mix another minute or two, pausing to scrape down the sides.
- If the mixture seems dry to where it won’t mold into a ball, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it takes on a doughy consistency.
- Add the mixture back to a bowl and knead until it nicely and smoothly forms into a loaf or log shape.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. You can use the almond paste immediately or store it until you’re ready to use it.
The mixture will seem grainy and thick while still in the food processor. Once you start kneading it, the mixture will smooth out and condense.
Don’t add too much water until you’ve gone through the kneading stage as this stage will let you know truly how much water needs to be added. It’s hard to tell before this stage if it’s too dry. Try pinching some in between your fingers and if it molds well, go to the kneading stage.
I’ve never had to add more than 3 teaspoons of water. So, be aware that it doesn’t take much liquid for this recipe to be successful.
I usually wrap this almond paste in plastic and leave it stored in the fridge for a month, sometimes longer.
I only use this recipe in baked goods. I’ve never used it raw due to the egg white. Be aware that almond paste is meant to be cooked into other recipes. This recipe specifically has that in mind.
Your end result may have black flecks in it. This is simply from the almond flour.
Various types of almond flour can cause your mixture to adjust in dryness and absorption. Sometimes I have to add water, sometimes I don’t. So, be aware that you might not have to add extra water.
When you remove it from the fridge, it will feel extra firm. This is ok and normal. Simply use a knife to slice it in order to get the amount you need.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Handmade
- Cuisine: American, European
Keywords: almond, almond paste, marzipan, homemade, easy, diy