These Easy Red Velvet Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting are chocolatey, delicious and so, so pretty! They're baked instead of fried, ready in a flash because they're semi-homemade and perfect for Valentine's Day or Christmas morning!
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups prepared Chocolate Pudding
- Red Food Coloring
- 2 cups White Frosting (canned or homemade)
- Start by adding all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in the prepared pudding. Mix again.
- Next, add in your food coloring (until you achieve a deep red), and mix on high until smooth.
- Place batter in a piping bag and cut off the tip.
- Spray your donut pan and fill with batter using your piping bag.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Place your frosting in the microwave for one minute and stir.
- Dip the top of each donut in the icing and place on a cooling rack.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red velvet donuts, red velvet, cake donuts, cake, donuts, doughnuts, red velvet doughnuts, cream cheese frosting