Layers of white and red velvet cake filled with cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries! As beautiful as it is delicious!
- 2 layers of white cake
- 2 layers of red velvet cake
- 1 batch of cream cheese buttercream
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- I started by baking the 4 layers of cake : 2 layers of white cake (no almond extract) and 2 layers of red velvet cake (click the links above for the recipes). I used four 8" round Magic Line pansand divided each recipe in half into 2 pans. Bake at 325°F for ~35-40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean!).
- While they're baking, go ahead and make your cream cheese frosting and slice up your strawberries.
- When the cakes are cooled... you're ready to start assembling!
- I started with a layer of white cake (but started with red velvet would work too).
- Then spread on some cream cheese frosting...
- and top that with sliced strawberries!
- Next add a layer of red velvet cake.
- Them more cream cheese and more sliced strawberries:
- Repeat that whole process again - except leave the strawberries off the top!
- Frost the entire outside of the cake - then pipe an easy border and you're done! OH - I had trimmed my red velvet cakes a bit and I used the crumbs as garnish on top! 🙂
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert