For the Cupcakes
- 1 Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 1 cup liquid egg white (or 4 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small box Instant Jello White Chocolate pudding
For the Oreo Cream Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (takes about 2 hours to reach room temp)
- 4 oz. salted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 crushed Double Stuf Oreos (I do mine in a food processor), or any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
For the cupcakes:
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Spray the cupcake liners with non-stick spray and use a medium cookie scoop to fill the liners. Bake at 350° for about 15-18 minutes or just until done. Allow the cupcakes to cool, then fill with the Oreo Cream filling.
- I use a round frosting tip, poke a hole with it in the top of each cupcake and squirt the filling in until it bulges out of the top (my son said they looked like they were about to erupt...). You can't have too much filling, if you ask me... =)
For the Filling
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until completely incorporated. Fold in the crushed cookies. Use immediately the cupcakes (or a cake!) and refrigerate until ready to use. If you refrigerate it, it will thicken. Use 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it again to a good consistency for filling! Spoon into a frosting bag and after the cupcakes are filled, pipe on the Cream Cheese Buttercream (I used a large Ateco Star tip) and top with a mini Oreo.