Will ya'll forgive me for another recycled post? My husband and I are in Tennessee this week and I've been busy relaxing and not spending too much time on the computer and phone. Richy had a business trip and since today we celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary - he asked me to come along for the trip! It was a wonderful idea - so I here I am!
We've been hanging out, sight-seeing, eating sushi and just enjoying some mostly uninterrupted time together (he had to do pesky work while he's here too... but I'm overlooking that - ha!). Anyway, I posted these cupcakes FOUR years ago when this blog was just a baby!
But still.... even after all this time - these cupcakes are just plain deliciousness. I created them for one of my husband's coworkers who loves my cupcakes and loves Oreos.
However, I must confess: I really couldn't "taste" the white chocolate like I hoped. But it sounded good in the title... so I left it...teehee.
Tip: Keep these refrigerated... the cream cheese frosting gets really soft at room temperature - especially in this summer heat!
Do you have any questions about these cupcakes? Please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll help if I can! Without further delay... here's the recipe:
For the Cupcakes
- 1 Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 1 cup liquid egg white (or 4 egg whites)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small box Instant Jello White Chocolate pudding
For the Oreo Cream Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (takes about 2 hours to reach room temp)
- 4 oz. salted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 crushed Double Stuf Oreos (I do mine in a food processor), or any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
For the cupcakes:
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Spray the cupcake liners with non-stick spray and use a medium cookie scoop to fill the liners. Bake at 350° for about 15-18 minutes or just until done. Allow the cupcakes to cool, then fill with the Oreo Cream filling.
- I use a round frosting tip, poke a hole with it in the top of each cupcake and squirt the filling in until it bulges out of the top (my son said they looked like they were about to erupt...). You can't have too much filling, if you ask me... =)
For the Filling
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until completely incorporated. Fold in the crushed cookies. Use immediately the cupcakes (or a cake!) and refrigerate until ready to use. If you refrigerate it, it will thicken. Use 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it again to a good consistency for filling! Spoon into a frosting bag and after the cupcakes are filled, pipe on the Cream Cheese Buttercream (I used a large Ateco Star tip) and top with a mini Oreo.