Celebrate Game Day with these adorable Green Jello Shots! Lime jello is paired with vodka, then topped with whipped cream, and sprinkles. Add football-themed toppers to make shots people will be talking about until the next game day! Quick and easy and oh so perfect.
- 1 Box Lime Jell-O (6 ounces)
- 2 1/2 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Vodka
- 1 Can of Reddi Wip or 1 Tub of Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Multi-Colored Green Jimmies
- 16 2-Ounce Shot Glasses or Plastic Shot Cups
- Football Toppers
- Pourable Measuring Cup or Something Similar
If using Cool Whip, you'll also need:
- Frosting Bag (optional for garnishing)
- Ateco #824 Frosting Tip (optional for garnishing)
- Place the green jello in a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until the jello granules have dissolved.
- Add the vodka to the mix and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Fill each shot glass, leaving just a bit of head room at the top. This doesn’t have to be perfect, it just makes it easier to transport them to the fridge and leaves a bit of room for the whipped cream to sit.
- Place the shots in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Using a frosting bag and Ateco #824 frosting tip (or similar) top each shot glass with a dollop of whipped cream. I usually do this by simply starting on the outer edge and working in a circle until the whipped cream is high enough. You can top them with whipped cream however you like, though.
- Sprinkle each shot with a bit of the chocolate jimmies followed by the multicolored green jimmies. The amount of sprinkles depends on what makes your heart happy.
- I usually shorten or remove the toothpicks from the toppers altogether and nestle them into the middle top of the cool whip. They’re not edible, but they sure are cute!
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you’re able to find football sugar toppers, those would be edible, but I didn’t have much luck.
- Do not garnish if you’re not serving the shots right away. It makes the garnishes odd textures. If you need to make them in advance, simply store them, covered, without the garnishes, for up to 4 days in the fridge. Garnish when ready to serve. Do not freeze.
- You do not have to use the frosting bag and frosting tip, this is just the best way to get that gorgeous twirl of cool whip on the top of each shot. Great for a beautiful presentation!
- You can use other types of alcohol, if desired. Just be careful that you don’t choose an alcohol that will change the color of the shot itself. Lime vodka would be a great option!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: st. patrick's day jello shots, mardi gras jello shots, christmas jello shots, green jello shots, football jello shots, vodka jello shots, vodka lime jello shots, lime jello shots with vodka, key lime jello shots, lime jello shots recipes, lime vodka jello shots, jello shot cups, cheap vodka, lime jello shots, lime jello shots recipe, key lime pie jello shots, lime jello, green jello shots recipe