Southern Peach Cobbler: Comfort food at it's best! This warm and delicious treat is perfect for cool weather to warm you up or lift your spirits!
- 2 (29 oz) cans Clover Valley Peach Slices in Light syrup, reserve 1/2 cup light syrup
- 1 cup Clover Valley self-rising flour
- 1 cup Clover Valley sugar
- 1 stick Clover Valley salted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup light syrup from the canned peaches
- 2 tsp Clover Valley Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Drain the peaches (reserving half a cup of juice) and pour them into a buttered 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, melted butter, milk, peach syrup and vanilla extract.
- When it's fully whisked together it will still have small lumps - that's okay!
- Pour the batter over the peaches. No need to stir them together!
- Bake at 375°F for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- It's optional, but I highly recommend adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Category: Dessert