These St. Patrick’s Day Cake Pops are cute and fun and easy and delicious! Anybody can make them and impress your friends or kids with a sweet, festive treat!
1. In a large bowl, crumble your cake.
2. Add the frosting. Mix well with a hand mixer, spoon, or stand mixer.
3. Begin rolling the cake dough into balls that are at least 1-inch round (or a little larger). I like them around 1.25-1.5 inches.
4. Place your cake pops on a sheet pan or plate, and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. While your cake pops are in the fridge, place all of your candy melts in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
6. Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator.
7. Dip the end of the lollipop sticks in the candy melt, then push into the cake pops. Then dip the cake pop in the melted candy melts. Coat the pop completely. On the side of the bowl, tap it gently with the stick removing any excess chocolate from the cake pop to create a smooth finish.
8. Place the cake pop on the parchment paper. Immediately add your sprinkles before the chocolate dries. In the corner of your cake pop, push in your gold coin.
9. Continue steps 6 – 8 until each cake pop is complete.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake pops, cake, st. patrick's day, st. patrick's day desserts, gold coins, st paddy's day