These St. Patrick's Day Cake Pops are cute and fun and easy and delicious! Anybody can make them and impress your friends or kids with a sweet, festive treat!
These cake pops are so easy and fun to make! The first think you'll want to do is bake a cake following the box directions I used white cake but you could do any flavor you like.
It doesn't matter what shape pan you use; it'll all be crumbled up for the cake pops!
Here's what you will need to make St. Patrick's Day Cake Pops:
- Cake (one box mix and all ingredients, baked according to box instructions), crumbled
- ½ cup vanilla frosting
- 20 oz candy melts, green (3 bags)*
- 6-inch lollipop sticks (approximately 40)
- Chocolate Gold Coins
- 3 TBSP white sprinkles
Before you're ready to make cake pops, you'll need to bake the cake (package directions are fine), let it cool. Also make sure you have all the other ingredients and supplies ready to go!
How to Make Cake Pops
Now... are you ready to make cake pops? First, you're going to crumble the baked cake. Then add in ¼ cup of frosting and begin mixing it together.
If it's too dry, add more until you get a really firm dough, up to ½ cup frosting.
Honestly, any kind of frosting will do here. I almost always have leftover vanilla buttercream (or cream cheese buttercream) in my fridge, so those are my preference. But you could even use canned frosting - it'll all work!
Mix the frosting into the cake. You can use your hands, a Bosch mixer, a spoon... whatever works. Because of my hand issues, I prefer to use the cookie paddles in my Bosch.
Begin rolling the cake dough into balls that are approximately 1" round (or a little larger). I like them around 1.25-1.5 inches. Doing them this size, I get about 40 cake balls out of one cake mix.
Place the cake pops on a sheet cake pan or a plate and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
While the cake balls are chilling, place the candy melts in a medium bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted. If you have trouble with the candy melts, check out How to Thin Candy Melts for Cake Pops.
Remove the cake balls from the fridge. Dip each lollipop stick into the melted candy melts, then push it into the cake pop about halfway.
Using the stick, dip the cake balls into the melted candy melts until they're completely coated. Tap the cake pop gently on the side of the boal to remove any excess candy and create a smooth finish.
Repeat for all of the cake pops & enjoy!
More Cake Pop Fun:
- How to Make Cake Pops
- How to Thin Candy Melts for Cake Pops
- How to Make Spring Flower Cake Pops
- How to Make Carrot Cake Pops for Easter
These St. Patrick’s Day Cake Pops are cute and fun and easy and delicious! Anybody can make them and impress your friends or kids with a sweet, festive treat!
1. In a large bowl, crumble your cake.
2. Add the frosting. Mix well with a hand mixer, spoon, or stand mixer.
3. Begin rolling the cake dough into balls that are at least 1-inch round (or a little larger). I like them around 1.25-1.5 inches.
4. Place your cake pops on a sheet pan or plate, and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. While your cake pops are in the fridge, place all of your candy melts in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
6. Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator.
7. Dip the end of the lollipop sticks in the candy melt, then push into the cake pops. Then dip the cake pop in the melted candy melts. Coat the pop completely. On the side of the bowl, tap it gently with the stick removing any excess chocolate from the cake pop to create a smooth finish.
8. Place the cake pop on the parchment paper. Immediately add your sprinkles before the chocolate dries. In the corner of your cake pop, push in your gold coin.
9. Continue steps 6 – 8 until each cake pop is complete.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake pops, cake, st. patrick's day, st. patrick's day desserts, gold coins, st paddy's day