Do you like Snickers? If you do, you’re going to love this Triple Chocolate Snickers Cake. It’s a rich, ooey-gooey, caramel-topped cake… filled with chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.
For the cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 3/4 oz. box instant chocolate pudding (add the dry pudding mix into the recipe)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Buttercream:
- 1/2 cup shortening (ie., Crisco)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, (softened)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup ganache, for the ganache, use this recipe
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce, (or use melted caramel squares)
- 3–4 regular Snickers bars, chopped into small pieces/squares
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare two 8″ pans (I use homemade Baker’s Joy). **This recipe is only for a single tier cake with (2) 8″ layers – NOT the 2 tiered cake pictured!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and sour cream and mix until well combined (do not over-mix!). Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into 2 pans and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then flip out onto a cooling rack and completely cool.
- While they’re cooling – make the ganache and chocolate buttercream.
- When ready to assemble, lay down the first layer of cake, then spread a thick layer of buttercream over it. Lay some Snickers pieces over the buttercream, then put the second layer of cake on top.
- Frost the entire cake with chocolate buttercream. Pour the ganache over the top and let it drip down the edges. Then top with more chopped Snickers and drizzle with ganache and caramel. I also piped a border and garnished it with some more chopped Snickers.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: cake, triple chocolate, snickers, bar, cake, recipe, candy bar