Easy Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe – this doctored cake mix recipe is easy and delicious! Paired with brown sugar buttercream – it’s just like eating a cookie! #cake #chocolatechip #dessert #butter #cookie
- 1 Butter Cake Mix (I prefer Pillsbury Golden Butter Recipe)
- Optional: Add an extra 1/2 cup of cake mix or all-purpose flour to make the cake a little more dense.
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix (not prepared)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup real butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Bake at 325° for about 38-45 minutes (longer, depending on pan size), until the cake springs back when touched or you can test it in the center with a toothpick. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- I recommend vanilla buttercream or brown sugar buttercream for this cake!
Keywords: chocolate chip, chocolate, cake, chocolate chip cake, recipe, dessert