I'm quite busy with orders this weekend (three of them!), so as I sat down to share today, I had to choose a cake that I could tell you about quickly. This Easy Chocolate Chip Cake recipe seemed perfect 🙂
Let me tell you though - I almost messed up. It's been months since I had so many orders in one weekend. Since our move last November, my business and slowed down and I've savored it.
So today I came home from working at my brother's shop and decided spontaneously to start cleaning up our flower beds. We decided a few days ago that we wanted to add a brick border to them. And it was such a beautiful (not a million degrees) afternoon, that I literally dug in.
I'm gonna chase a rabbit here and tell you... we had this brilliant idea to add these bricks - thinking it would make the grass/weed management easier and look so much nicer...
So I started pulling weeds and cutting back the grass along the line we had set (see above pic... how it is now and our bricks laid out, but not buried).
Lo and behold, when we started digging... we found bricks already buried along almost the exact same line:
Crazy, right?! It was a very fun surprise 🙂
Anywho... about three hours later - when it started getting dark, it suddenly hit me - I have cake orders this weekend. THREE OF THEM. Yikes!!
I jumped up, dusted off, ran inside and washed up, then immediately grabbed Sarah. I started making my baking list (see #2) and she started pulling out ingredients!
And now, with cakes baking in the oven, I'm sitting here writing to you 🙂
Easy Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
So let's get back to the Easy Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe. When I think of chocolate chip cookies, I always think of a soft buttery cookie dough. So I took my doctored butter cake recipe and basically added mini chocolae chips. It's such an easy variation, but perfectly delicious!
I'm a bit of a chocolate chip addict, so check out my other recipes below!
Other Chocolate Chip Recipes...
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filled Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Baked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake
- Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Now - if you'd like to bake an easy-peasy chocolate chip cake... check out this recipe! You can also print it below.Print
Easy Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe - this doctored cake mix recipe is easy and delicious! Paired with brown sugar buttercream - it's just like eating a cookie! #cake #chocolatechip #dessert #butter #cookie
- 1 Butter Cake Mix (I prefer Pillsbury Golden Butter Recipe)
- Optional: Add an extra ½ cup of cake mix or all-purpose flour to make the cake a little more dense.
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix (not prepared)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup real butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Bake at 325° for about 38-45 minutes (longer, depending on pan size), until the cake springs back when touched or you can test it in the center with a toothpick. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- I recommend vanilla buttercream or brown sugar buttercream for this cake!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip, chocolate, cake, chocolate chip cake, recipe, dessert
And that's it! Any questions? Leave a comment!