If you're looking for 4th of July Cupcake ideas, I'm sharing everything you'll need to make these Easy 4th of July Cupcakes! Use your favorite cake and frosting recipes and the topper supplies are easily at your local craft store, Walmart, or even a dollar store.
For the cake:
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
For the frosting:
For the toppers
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix together the cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, water, sour cream, and pudding mix until smooth. Usually 2-3 minutes.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Scoop batter into each liner, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the top springs back when pressed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, mix together the butter and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) until completely mixed in. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting is soft to the touch (softer than cookie dough, but stiffer than cake batter). You want it to hold it's shape for piping. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Use a piping bag and a large piping tip (1M or Ateco 869 are good ones) to pipe a pillow of frosting.
- Add sprinkles (optional).
- Place one pompom on each toothpick. Place the toothpicks on the cupcakes (one each of red, white and blue).
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 4th of july cupcake ideas, patriotic cupcakes, 4th of july cupcakes, fourth of july cupcake ideas, fourth of july cupcakes, july 4th cupcakes, firecracker cupcakes, 4th of july cupcakes, easy fourth of july patriotic cupcakes, 4th july cupcakes