This royal icing is perfect for cookie decorating!
- In a mixing bowl, add the meringue powder and 3 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- Beat with a mixer until it's foamy.
- Add in the powder sugar, mix slowly until combined. I should note here that I used Great Value powdered sugar from Walmart and I never sift it. However, I've bought other brands that did need sifting. If you're unsure - sift!!
- Add the corn syrup and any extract, if desired.
- Increase speed to high and beat for around 5 minutes, until you get stiff glossy peaks.
- Do not overbeat!
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap - make sure it touches the icing or the icing will harden!
- *I really prefer Americolor Meringue Powder or CK Products Meringue Powder.