These S’mores Cupcakes are perfect for summer! Rich chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker bottom and topped with the creamiest marshmallow frosting! Keep reading for the S’mores Cupcake recipe!
Graham Cracker Crust
● 1 ½ cups graham crackers, about 20 crushed
● ⅓ cup sugar
● 5 tablespoons butter, melted (either salted or unsalted, whichever you prefer)
● 1 box (15.25 oz) devils food chocolate cake mix
● 3 large eggs, room temperature
● 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
● ½ cup vegetable oil
● ½ cup mini chocolate chips
● Graham cracker crumbs
● 1 container (7 oz) marshmallow creme
● 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
● 1 cup powdered sugar
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● Chocolate bars
● Graham Cracker crumbs
● Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add cupcake liners to the pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl and blend into crumb mixture until well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon mixture to each liner and press down with spoon or tart shaper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before adding cupcake batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and oil until smooth.
- Divide batter on top of cooled graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
- Best if eaten the same day as baking but if you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake