These Coconut Macaroon Cookies are a quick and easy dessert, perfect for holiday baking! The cookies are light and crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. When dipped in chocolate, they might be the perfect dessert. Also - they're gluten-free if that's important to you!
My Daddy always loved coconut desserts when I was growing up and it was never really my favorite thing. But as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate coconut in my desserts and now it's easily one of my favorite things.
Do you love coconut Check out this Delicious Gluten-Free Honey Coconut Cake Recipe + Snowman Cake with Coconut Tutorial (with Video!)
Even though they were Daddy's favorites, I don't remember ever baking Coconut Macaroon Cookies. There was a coconut cookie that he'd buy and bring home but now I can't even remember the name of those. Maybe I'll ask him!
Are you getting all the cookies?
But after reading a few recipes, I realized how easy a similar coconut cookie would be to make. You'll only need a handful of ingredients plus some chocolate for dipping. If you don't include the chocolate, the main cookies only have five ingredients.
But please don't ignore the chocolate. That's one of the best parts! Some people drizzle but I thought dipping would be better because you get a little more of the good stuff 😊
But seriously, these cookies are easy to make and if you have coconut, the rest of the ingredients are staples in most pantries. Also, they're gluten-free which can't be said of all cookies these days!
So, if you're looking for a way to mix up your baking this Christmas season or you need to make some no-fuss cookies, try these Coconut Macaroons.
And if you're really in a hurry, you can skip the chocolate and they're still incredibly delicious!
You can freeze Coconut Macaroon Cookies
One more tip for ya... these cookies can be baked up to a month ahead of time and frozen. So if you have a lot of baking ahead for Christmas, you can go ahead and mark these off your list!
Freeze them in airtight containers with parchment between the layers and then thaw to room temp before serving!
Love coconut? Check out these other coconut recipes:
- The Best One-Bowl Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
- Delicious Gluten-Free Honey Coconut Cake Recipe
- Easy Coconut Cake
- German Chocolate Cake Balls
Okay - now it's time for the recipe. You can print it from the block below, or sign up for my daily emails and get a free printable pdf delivered to your inbox instantly!Print
These Coconut Macaroon Cookies are a quick and easy dessert, perfect for holiday baking! The cookies are light and crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. When dipped in chocolate, they might be the perfect dessert. They're also a gluten free treat!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add egg whites and salt and whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form. The egg whites should stand up on your whisk when removed.
- Gently fold in the egg white mixture into the coconut.
- Once all ingredients are well combined. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out small balls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet placed about an inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- If dipping the macaroons in chocolate, in a small microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave for about 1 minute or until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the bottoms of each macaroon in the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: coconut, macaroons, chocolate, cookies, holiday baking, christmas cookies, gluten free, gluten free cookies