This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mott’s. The opinions and text are all mine. #MottsAppleswap Fresh Apple Cake
This Fresh Apple Cake is moist, delicious and full of flavor and texture!
It’s finally starting to feel a tiny bit like fall here in Mississippi and I’ve been dying to start baking things that smell and taste like “fall”. Does that sound silly? I hope not… because this Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel and Pecans fit the bill in every way! It just screams “fall”!
Most of you probably know that I don’t bake from scratch very often, but this recipe was so easy to pull together and it was worth every minute of my time. It’s delicious, wholesome, loaded with texture and not too sweet. It’s crunchy on the outside, with chunks of apple on the inside of the super moist cake!
It’s also better for you than many cake recipes because there is no vegetable oil in the cake – it’s been completely replaced by Mott’s® Original Applesauce from Walmart. And I have to tell you – you won’t miss the oil at all!! Alrighty… are you ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need:
Fresh Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Mott’s® Original Applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh apples, cut into small cubes (I used 2 large Granny Smith apples)
- 1 cup chopped pecans + a extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, optional (click here for homemade caramel sauce recipe)
I love that every ingredient in this cake is a staple in our home and you can find it all at Walmart!
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then in a large mixing bowl, blend the Mott’s® Applesauce, sugar and eggs together until smooth.
Then add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then mix again until well combined.
Next add in the vanilla extract and mix again.
If you haven’t already, chop your apples, then mix those and the nuts into your batter.
Last, prepare a bundt pan. I spray mine with cake pan release or you could use a homemade version. Pour the batter into the pan then spread it out evenly.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The outside will be browned and crispy – the inside soft and moist!
Fresh Apple Cake Printable Recipe:Print
This Fresh Apple Cake is moist and delicious and full of texture! It’s perfect for fall and better-for-you because the oil is replaced with applesauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the applesauce, sugar and eggs together until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, then mix again until well combined.
- Next add in the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Chop your apples, then mix those and the nuts into your batter.
- Prepare a bundt pan. I spray mine with cake pan release or you could use a homemade version. Pour the batter into the pan then spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and test for doneness. The outside will be browned and crispy – the inside soft and moist!
- Flip out onto a cake plate to cool, then drizzle with caramel sauce and garnish with more chopped pecans.
- Category: Dessert