Leading up to Christmas next week, I have a couple of Christmas cakes and a couple of Christmas candy recipes that I want to share with you!
I’m going to start with this Gingerbread House Christmas Candy Birthday cake. For Ava’s birthday, she had a Gingerbread House building party!
This is her invite – from That Party Chick on Etsy.
To capture the spirit of a gingerbread houses, I wanted to do a real gingerbread house… and add as much as I could with red, green and pink candy! (Ava requested pink too!).
The gingerbread house was real gingerbread… but it was also cake.
After breaking apart the gingerbread on the inside… this is what was found on the inside:
I used the same method as doing the tie-dyed cake (tutorial here), except of course only using red and green vanilla cake!
All of the other candy… lollipops, peppermint, etc. was made with fondant (Tylose added so it would harden).
I also made some Sparkly Red Christmas Ball Cake Pops as party favors…
…so I added a couple of those onto the cake to tie it together!
Here are a few details of other tools I used:
- Gingerbread Family cookie cutters for the gingerbread men (and ladies)
- FMM Ribbon Cutter for the stripes on the bottom tier
- Wilton ABC 123 Cookie Cutters for Ava’s name
- It was all vanilla cake – colored red and green like the tie-dyed cake
- The frosting was vanilla buttercream.
- It was decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant for all the colors except red – it was Satin Ice Red Vanilla fondant.
- Royal Icing on the border and to decorate the gingerbread house.
Do you have any questions about this cake or cake pops? Please leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer and help out!