I love strawberries. And I love cheesecake. So… for Easter, I baked a Strawberry Cheesecake Pie. And it was delicious!!!
This pie came together for a couple of reasons. First, my Mama told me that she was doing everything for Easter dinner except dessert. I was not heartbroken!! NOT!! I love to do the desserts and I was thrilled for her to do everything else!
Also, I had gorgeous strawberries in the frig that were begging to made into a delicious dessert… and I was craving something light and tart and yummy. So… a new pie was born. One with strawberries and a little lemon. And cream cheese.
I just have one thing to say about it… where has this pie been my whole life?
It was so creamy and sweet and a little tart and well… just perfect.
Well… maybe not totally perfect. You have to let it chill for several hours before eating it and that just stinks. Who wants to wait that long for a pie this delicious? Not me, for sure!!
Before I give you the recipe… there are a few things in life that (for me) are just always better homemade. Graham cracker crusts are one of those things. I always make mine homemade. If you’ve never done it before, try it. Trust me – it’s so much better than those ones you get in the stores.
What about you? What’s your favorite cheesecake, or cheesecake topping? Here’s the printable recipe so you can try this pie:Print
- 8 Graham Crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 12 oz. cream cheese (1 1/2 bricks), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- Powdered sugar (for dusting, optional)
- For the crust, combine all ingredients and firmly press into a deep pie plate. I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to really press the crust down firm. If you absolutely have to… you can skip this step and buy a pre-made graham cracker crust… but please don’t!
- Once the pie crust is done, preheat oven to 350°. For the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs. Mix until you have a smooth creamy texture. Pour into graham cracker crust and bake for 20-25 minutes, until center is almost set.
- While the filling is baking, combine the sour cream and sugar for the topping. Mix until smooth. Spread over the warm filling and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, cut the tops off of the strawberries and place them upside down on the pie. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to help out!