These Deviled Strawberries are two of my favorite things rolled into one delicious dessert: strawberries and cheesecake. Strawberries filled with a sweet cream cheese filling and topped with crushed graham crackers; they might be the best sweet treat ever!
- Why You'll Love these Deviled Strawberries
- What are Deviled Strawberries?
- Deviled Strawberry Recipe
- Tools & Equipment Needed
- Ingredients List
- How to Make Deviled Strawberries
- Deviled Strawberries with Chocolate Cheesecake
- Drizzle with Chocolate
- Variations for Special Occasions
- Pro Tips
- Tips for Making Ahead and Storage Directions
- Serving Suggestions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Years ago I used to make cheesecake stuffed strawberries using a straw and a piping bag and I don't remember what else - I just remember that they were incredible. And then, somehow I forgot about them.
Until Tiktok Deviled Strawberries came along and then suddenly I remembered how much I loved this combination of cream cheese and strawberries in a bite-sized treat.
Why You'll Love these Deviled Strawberries
Super easy: this is a super easy, no-bake dessert with just a few ingredients. Even kids can make this latest viral recipe find.
Feed a crowd: you can whip out a big platter of these cheesecake stuffed strawberries in no time flat and everybody will love them!
They feel fancy - but they're not! This recipe for cream cheese stuffed strawberries is like making single-serve, bite-sized strawberry cheesecakes. They're so impressive but anyone can make them!
What are Deviled Strawberries?
So have you heard of these? Deviled Strawberries? They're like deviled eggs, but sweet.
Okay, not really. They're a million times better than that.
They're basically a cheesecake stuffed strawberry that is made like a deviled egg. And they're perfect for a party appetizer, fruity dessert, or indulgent snack.
Or maybe you just have a sweet tooth and you're craving strawberry cheesecake. If that's you... hang with me here. You're going to love this viral Tiktok recipe!
Deviled Strawberry Recipe
Inspired by Tiktok - make this deviled strawberries recipe and your family and friends will be begging you to bring them to every event in the future.
This strawberries recipe is perfect for all the big holidays, but especially for Valentine's Day, Easter, Game Day, Mother's Day, and patriotic holidays like Memorial Day or the 4th of July. They'd also be a big hit at baby showers and bridal showers!
In the United States, we can get strawberries year-round, but if you can make this recipe in peak strawberry season, even better! You'll get the freshest, most delicious bright red strawberries which will make this the best deviled strawberries ever!
You can find all the simple ingredients for this strawberry cream cheese dessert at your local grocery store, and feel free to opt for low-fat cream cheese if you want.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
How to Make Deviled Strawberries
- Use a paring knife to cap (cut the top with leaves off) and split strawberries in half from stem to tip.
- Trim a small sliver from the outside of each strawberry so it has a flat spot to lay on.
- Scoop the middle out of the strawberry halves with a small melon baller or small spoon such as a round ¼ teaspoon measuring spoon. *see note below
- Place strawberries in the refrigerator while working on the filling.
- To make the filling, grab a medium mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate medium bowl, make the cheesecake filling by beating the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Gently stir together the whipped heavy cream mixture and cream cheese mixture just until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag, or plastic bag with the corner trimmed off and pipe into strawberries. You can get fancy and use a star tip if you like. Remember, the key to pretty stuffed strawberries is taking your time when piping on the cheesecake filling.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs to finish off the stuffed cheesecake strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Note: Scooping out the middle raises the filling to strawberry ratio, but wastes strawberry. When we’ve made these Deviled Strawberries for ourselves, we typically just pile filling on top of the strawberry instead.
Deviled Strawberries with Chocolate Cheesecake
Add ¼ cup cocoa powder into the whipped cream mixture (before whipping) to change this up and have a chocolate filling. This will taste a lot like my no-bake chocolate cheesecake - but with strawberries!
Drizzle with Chocolate
Add a little extra pizazz to this no-bake treat by using melted chocolate as a drizzle on each cream cheese strawberry. You can use a fork to shake the chocolate over the top or put the melted chocolate in a small plastic bag and snip the corner off to pipe it over the top.
Variations for Special Occasions
- Patriotic Celebrations: For a festive 4th of July or Memorial Day treat, place a blueberry on top of the cheesecake filled strawberries. The red, white, and blue ensemble creates a patriotic vibe that's perfect for an amazing summertime treat!
- Valentine's Day Romance: Add red heart-shaped sprinkles to charm your Valentine or add chocolate drizzle over the top to make them even more delicious.
- Birthday Fun: Add rainbow sprinkles into the cream cheese mixture as a fun way to make these strawberries birthday party ready.
- Christmas Cheer: Use a piped swirl of green-tinted cream cheese filling and top with a small piece of candied cherry for a sweet mimicry of a holly berry.
- Garnishes: Top with a sprig of mint, a dusting of powdered sugar, or an edible gold leaf fleck for an elegant appetizer suitable for weddings or anniversary celebrations.
Choose good, large strawberries: if you can shop at your local farmers' market for fresh picked strawberries in the spring and summer, you'll be set. But no matter where you shop, choose bright, firm berries. Bigger berries are better because it'll be easier to scoop out the middle of the strawberry.
Room Temperature ingredients: for best results, make sure the sour cream and cream cheese are completely softened to room temp so that they whip up really smooth and creamy to make the cheesecake strawberries.
Tips for Making Ahead and Storage Directions
Deviled strawberries are as convenient as they are delicious, especially when you're prepping for a party. To get ahead on this recipe for stuffed strawberries, you can prepare the cream cheese filling a day in advance and keep it chilled in the refrigerator. Just remember to give it a good stir before piping to restore its creamy texture.
For the strawberries, hollow them out a few hours before your guests arrive, and store them upside down on a paper towel-lined baking sheet in the fridge. This allows any excess moisture to drain, ensuring they remain firm and fresh.
When it comes to storage, the assembled strawberries should be refrigerated and are best enjoyed within a few hours, as this prevents them from becoming soggy.
If needed, they can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day, but hold off on the graham cracker crumbs until just before serving.
Place them in a single layer to maintain their appearance. Before serving, bring them to room temperature for about 15 minutes for the best flavor, then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
These tips allow you to do most of the work ahead of time, leaving you free to enjoy your event with the confidence that your deviled strawberries will still be perfect when it's time to eat them.
Freezing will not work for this recipe!
If you're going to make this strawberry cream cheese graham cracker dessert for your next event, I recommend presenting them on a beautiful dessert tray or as part of a fruit platter.
I cannot imagine an event where these would not be great, but here are some ideas just in case:
- Valentine's Day
- Mother's Day
- 4th of July
- Memorial Day
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions about whipping up these cream cheese strawberries? Here are some answers for you:
No. Fresh strawberries are the only way to go for the best taste and texture. Frozen ones, when thawed, can become too mushy and won't hold the filling well.
Slice a tiny bit off the bottom to create a flat base. This will keep them steady as you fill and serve them.
Absolutely! But only a few hours ahead. Prep them based on the details above and keep them chilled. Just hold off on adding the graham cracker crumbs until you're ready to serve to maintain that crispiness.
A piping bag with a star tip works wonders for a fancy look, but in a pinch, snip the corner off a zip-top bag and pipe away!