Best Strawberry Cake Ever. That’s what one of my customers said after ordering this cake a few months ago.
I used to only use this Strawberry Cake recipe. It is an adaptation of my vanilla cake except I use Strawberry Cake Mix and Jello Strawberry Pudding. I got lots of compliments on it but I was talking to my assistant Susan one day and she mentioned that she used a different Strawberry Cake recipe that actually included some real strawberries!
Since my husband and my sister and both of my sisters-in-law love strawberry cake, I thought I’d give it a try! I asked for the recipe and she graciously shared (and said I could share here)!
Let me confess… I’ve never really cared for strawberry cake. I love strawberry shortcake. I love chocolate dipped strawberries. I love strawberries on ice cream. But strawberry cake? Not so much. Until now.
This cake really might be the Best Strawberry Cake Ever. I baked it in (3) 8″ round pans and piled on as much cream cheese frosting as I could without the frosting police coming after me 😉
One more thing before you get too far… this is not a scratch cake. There are always a few haters who get all worked when I share a recipe and then get down into it and discover that. So I’m telling you up front: it is cake mix based. It does have strawberry gelatin. It’s not all from scratch. And it’s still amazing!
Here are a couple of other quotes from my clients who love this cake:
Rose!!! You outdid yourself once again!!! The cake was perfectly gorgeous and oh my goodness, best tasting cake ever!!!!! Thank you again!!! ~ Betsy
That was the best cake I’ve ever had. Seriously. I have dreams about that cake. I WILL be getting anther one made for our anniversary! ~ Amy
Are you ready for the recipe? I always pair this cake with cream cheese buttercream and I should also note that I changed Susan’s recipe a tiny bit, but not much!
Here’s the printable version for you:Print
Best Strawberry Cake Ever
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 20 servings
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup chopped, fresh strawberries*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- (16.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of strawberry puree (the above recipe makes 1 cup)
- *You can also use frozen strawberries if you can’t get fresh!
For the Strawberry Puree
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and cool. I like to pour the cooled mixture into my Blentec and puree it. If you don’t have a blender, chop the strawberries small so that little bits of strawberry go through the cake.
For the cake
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix on medium-low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into well greased pans and bake at 325°F degrees for 35-45 minutes. You can use (2) or (3) 8″ round pans. Obvioulsy if you use 3 pans, you will have thinner layers, but it sure does make for a pretty layered cake if you add lots of frosting between layers!
- Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe here.