Tonight marks the season opener for NFL football and you can be sure, we’re watching the game! And what goes great with football? Pretty much any kind of chips & dip including this creamy Mexican Queso Dip!
While my husband will watch almost any sport under the sun, football is by and far his favorite and NFL football is his favorite! We watch all the games on Sunday, Monday night, and Thursday night… and any other day they put the games on.
It’s such an event in our house that we often set up a “buffet” in the living room while the games are on. The only requirements for our buffet food is that it be easy… sandwiches, tacos, chips & dip, or pizza.
That’s where this dip comes in. It’s easy and delicious and I love it that this is a recipe that can be made with ingredients I almost always have in my house. It can be whipped up and ready to eat in a very short time.
Plus, the ingredients are staple items that I usually have on hand. In fact, we always have cheddar and/or Monterrey Jack! And of course I always have sour cream because it goes in all of my favorite cake recipes.
Alrighty – it’s game time and I’ve gotta go, but I do hope you’ll try this recipe and include it in your next Mexican meal, family get-together or game night party!
Leave me a comment if you have any questions!
Here’s the printable recipe for ya:Print
This Mexican Queso Dip is easy, creamy and made from scratch!
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Monterrey-Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups sour cream
- 1 Tsp hot sauce
- ¼ Cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ Cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Set a saucepan over medium heat and saute the chopped onions until they turn golden.
- Add the cheddar cheese and Monterrey-Jack cheese, and stir until they melt.
- Slowly pour the sour cream, add the lemon juice and garlic and continue stirring.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the tabasco sauce and parsley.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, remove from the heat and pour the dip into a bowl.
- Serve with a bit of parsley on top, and enjoy with tortilla chips.
- Tips: Add some black beans and chili powder.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican