This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheHoliday #CollectiveBias Bakery Style Sugar Cookies
Something I’ve always loved doing around the holidays is baking and sharing my sweet treats. Awhile back I tried out this new Bakery Style Sugar Cookie recipe and the cookies were such a huge hit with our family that I thought they’d be perfect for sharing this Christmas season.
Later in the month our church is going to be visiting a school to hand out Christmas gifts to some under-privileged children. I thought I’d also love to bless the teachers with a small “thank you” buy giving them each a home baked gift!
These soft and chewy Bakery Style Sugar Cookies are easy to make and delicious. And fast… the recipe can be finished and the cookies ready to eat in 20 minutes or less which is always a win in my house!
While I was at Walmart picking up the ingredients, I also grabbed a couple of packs of Rubbermaid TakeAlongs which are perfect for packing up and gifting sweet treats! The limited edition Holiday Rubbermaid TakeAlongs will be available in stores now through Christmas Eve!
Rubbermaid TakeAlongs come in a variety of shapes and sizes so you’re sure to find some that fit your needs. The 5 cup round bowls turned out to be perfect for holding these Bakery Style Sugar Cookies! Here are some other features:
- Quik Clik Seal™ keeps food secure and helps prevent spills.
- Soft lid grips the container tightly for a great seal, yet with a large tab opening is easy.
- Microwavable, top rack dishwasher and freezer safe.
Let let me tell you about these cookies! I thought it would be fun to bake jumbo cookies this time around … because who doesn’t love a cookie the size of your hand? But I’ve also done smaller cookies to spread the love around a little more and they work just as well! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need for the cookies…
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not pictured…oops 😉 )
- sparkling sugar (optional)
To get started, preheat your oven to 350°F and line your cookies sheets with parchment paper.
First, in a large mixing bowl, you’ll want to cream together the butter and sugar. Then add in the egg and mix until smooth.
Using a large cookie scoop (or smaller if you prefer), scoop out the dough onto your parchment covered cookie sheet. You’ll want to space them out really well because these cookies will spread!
Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, then slightly press them down with the bottom of a glass (or I used a flat-bottomed ramekin)…
Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. They will be puffy and soft at first but will set up as they cool!
If you’re packing them up for gifting, you could put a square of parchment between each cookie to make sure they don’t stick together!
I added 3-4 cookies to each bowl, then sealed them up and added a ribbon! Enjoy!
For more holiday inspiration from Rubbermaid TakeAlongs, click here. Be sure to check your Walmart for these Rubbermaid Holiday TakeAlongs the next time you’re shopping. You can also connect with Rubbermaid on Facebook and Instagram!
Bakery Style Sugar Cookies
Here’s the printable recipe for you!Print
Soft and chewy Bakery Style Sugar Cookies that are easy to make and delicious. And fast… the recipe can be finished and the cookies ready to eat in 20 minutes or less which is always a win in my house!
- Preheat oven to 350° and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and mix until smooth.
- Then add in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Mix until crumbly. Add in the vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the dough onto your parchment covered cookie sheet. You’ll want to space them out really well because these cookies will spread! I ended up with 7 cookies, but that will vary based on the size of your cookies.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar, then slightly press them down with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. They will be puffy and soft at first but will set as they cool.
- Category: Dessert