This recipe is so easy, my 13 year old son made it for us for dinner the other night. It’s one of those recipes that I keep in my meal plan rotation for nights when we need a fast, easy, yet super yummy meal! There are never leftovers when we have it!
You can even use pre-cooked ground beef from a freezer cooking day to speed up the recipe (just saute the onions in a little oil and add to the pre-cooked ground beef). We also use ground deer meat in this recipe…since my husband is a hunter and we often have lots of ground deer in the freezer!
So, here’s the recipe!Print
Fast, easy and delicious! Perfect for last minute meals.
- • 1 pound ground beef
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- • seasoned salt, to taste
- • 1 lb. frozen tater tots
- • 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- • 1/2 cup milk
- • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onions. Drain the excess fat.
- Spray a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray. Spread the ground beef mixture evenly over the bottom of the dish, then season with seasoned salt, or salt & pepper.
- Arrange the frozen tater tots evenly over the ground beef. My son lined them up perfectly – I usually do a more random covering.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soup and milk until smooth and spread over tater tot and beef layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and brown!
- Category: casseroles