These Candy Corn Marshmallow Pops are so cute, fun, and easy to make! They go perfect with your hot cocoa plus they're a festive Fall treat! And you can enjoy them whether you like Candy Corn or not! 😉 See how to make them here!
It's no secret Candy Corn is one of my most favorite candies. I actually don't eat a lot of candy but I can take down a bag of Candy Corn in no-time-flat. And it really seems like Candy Corn gets more popular every year! This year, I bought my first bag in August - the minute the stores started putting out Fall & Halloween treats.
So anyway, I also love marshmallows in hot chocolate so this seemed like a perfect fall treat. They don't taste like Candy Corn (for you haters out there - I know you're reading). But they're super cute and perfect to stir into hot chocolate or just eat on their own if you enjoy a chocolate-dipped marshmallow!
Candy Corn Marshmallow Pops Ingredients:
- 1 package of Square Marshmallows
- Decorative Paper Straws or Lollipop Sticks
- Knife or Kitchen Scissors
- White Candy Melts + Orange Candy Coloring & Yellow Candy Coloring
- OR Orange Candy Melts & Yellow Candy Melts
Candy Color OR Colored Candy Melts?
In the ingredients list above, I mention that you can use white candy melts with candy coloring, OR you can use colored candy melts. For my tutorial, I used candy coloring because that's what I had on hand. But if I'm being honest, the pre-colored candy melts would be so much easier.
Here's why... you can't just grab any "regular" food coloring to color candy melts. Chocolate or candy coating will seize if you add water-based food coloring to it. So you have to get coloring specifically made for candy (or chocolate making). I most often use Wilton Candy Colors which I can almost always find at Walmart and it includes yellow and orange!
Candy coloring is not as common in grocery stores. But you can usually find it in hobby stores, cake shops, or of course, Amazon. But the easier thing would just be to buy some orange candy melts and some yellow candy melts.
How to Make Candy Corn Marshmallow Pops
Start by placing the square marshmallows on the end of your straws.
Note: Square marshmallows are also called S'more Marshmallows or Campfire Marshmallows (depending on the brand you purchase). If you're unfamiliar with them, they're next to the regular marshmallows in grocery stores and seem to be more popular in the fall when it's bonfire and S'more making season!
Using your knife or kitchen scissors, cut each marshmallow into a triangle.
Melt your white candy melts in two separate microwave-safe bowls or cups. Or if you're using pre-colored yellow and orange candy melts, melt them into separate bowls.
Add orange food coloring to one, and yellow food coloring to the other, stir well. Make sure you use oil-based candy coloring - water-based food coloring will cause the chocolate to seize.
Dip your marshmallow in your orange melted chocolate first (almost to the top).
Place in the fridge for 10 minutes and allow it to harden.
Drip the bottom of each marshmallow in your yellow chocolate.
Place in the fridge for 10 minutes and allow to harden.
Serve with hot cocoa and enjoy!Print
- Start by placing your marshmallows on the end of your straws.
- Using your knife or kitchen scissors, cut each marshmallow into a triangle.
- Melt your white candy melts in two separate microwave-safe bowls or cups.
- Add orange candy coloring to one, and yellow candy coloring to the other, stir well. *See notes
- Dip your cut marshmallow in tjhe orange melted chocolate first (almost to the top).
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes and allow it to harden.
- Dip the bottom of each marshmallow in the yellow chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes and allow to harden.
- Serve with hot cocoa and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American