Homemade Peanut Butter Pudding. That’s something I never dreamed I’d be posting on my blog! Some of you might know that peanut butter is not my favorite thing (unless it’s in the form of Reese’s Pieces, of course), but I may have to make an exception for this recipe. Honestly, I don’t hate peanut butter, but a recipe has to be pretty fantastic for me to be interested.
However, my kids and husband are absolutely fanatical about peanut butter! They eat peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter on toast, peanut butter on fruit… in candy and cookies and well, pretty much any way you offer it to them. That includes having pudding at snack-time, so this recipe is right up their alley!
Another bonus… I can make this up whenever I have a few extra minutes and then it just needs to chill in the frig for at least 3 hours. So I can make it in the morning for afternoon snacks – or if we’re having company, I can double or triple it and have dessert ready hours ahead of time.
If you really want to make this special, you can stir in some hazelnut spread to make it extra rich!
Here’s the printable recipe for you:Print
This simple dessert is delicious and so easy to pull together. Make it ahead and it can chill until time for dessert!
- 1 Cup chocolate milk
- 4 Tbsps cornstarch
- ¼ Cup peanut butter (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 Tbsps sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsps cocoa powder
- ¼ Cup chopped peanuts
- IIn a bowl, whisk the chocolate milk, peanut butter, cornstarch, sugar, eggs, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Transfer to a pot over medium heat, and cook and stir until it boils.
- Remove from the heat and keep stirring for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover it, and take it to the fridge for 3 hours.
- Serve into glasses.
- Top with peanut butter and chopped peanuts.
- If you are feeling extra indulgent, add some hazelnut spread
Here are some other peanut butter recipes for ya: