Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip is a creamy, easy, delicious pumpkin dip that is perfect for all of your fall celebrations! It can be served as an appetizer for a party or a dessert for a family get-together.
Even though it's still 90°+ daily here in Mississippi, I'm dreaming of all the pumpkin flavors (Pumpkin Bread Bottom Cheesecake anybody?).
And for some reason, once it gets to be fall and the holiday season - I'm suddenly in the mood for dessert dips - including whipping up this festive dip.
As far as fall dips go, this dip is dreamy. It's not your everyday pumpkin dip - it's a pumpkin dip with cream cheese and Cool Whip. And it only has four ingredients... five if you count the cinnamon sprinkled on top!
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Dip Recipe
First, this recipe for pumpkin dip is easy. It's a no-bake dessert and the prep time is almost non-existent. You can have this easy pumpkin dip recipe ready in about 5 minutes flat. It can be eaten immediately but I really like to chill it for a couple of hours.
Know what that means, huh? It means you can also make it ahead of time if you're prepping for a party and want to knock out some recipes beforehand!
Second, it takes just like a pumpkin pie! Or maybe a pumpkin pie cheesecake?! With pumpkin pie filling, cream cheese, and Cool Whip, it's creamy and sweet and has that delicious pumpkin-spiced cheesecake vibe going on!
What is Pumpkin Pie Dip?
Well, this pumpkin cream cheese dessert is a dip that tastes just like a pumpkin pie. Or maybe better than a pumpkin pie... it tastes like a cheesecake... a pumpkin pie cheesecake dip. Yes, that's it. Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip. Maybe I should've named it that!
It's a fall-flavored dip that's a cross between a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake and a pumpkin pie... and you dip all of your favorite sweet snacks into it for a delicious appetizer or party food!
The ingredients list for this Pumpkin Pie Dip is short and sweet.
Cream Cheese - you could use low-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) if you like, but the regular cream cheese is so good! Have the cream cheese at room temperature before mixing! I've even heard recipes like this called Philadelphia cream cheese pumpkin dip because the cream cheese is that important and well, Philadelphia cream cheese is THE cream cheese 😉
Pumpkin Pie Mix - I call this canned ingredient "Pumpkin Pie filling", but just note that I'm not talking about canned pumpkin puree or just plain canned pumpkin. I'm talking about a canned pumpkin mix that's already sweetened and has some pumpkin spices already added. This is why you can skip the powdered sugar in the recipe!
Cinnamon - for garnish.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
These instructions could not be simpler.
- Start by placing your cream cheese, pumpkin pie mix, pumpkin pie spice, and Cool Whip into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Mix on high with whisks or paddles until well combined.
- Place the cream cheese pumpkin dip in a serving dish and chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve (the longer it chills, the more "set" the texture will be).
- Place it in the center of your board and surround it with cookies and candies.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with cinnamon just before serving.
- Serve your Cool Whip pumpkin dip with cookies, candies, and other sweet treats you might want to dip!
Recipe Pro Tips
- Be sure to have your cream cheese at room temperature - it will mix up so much more smoothly this way!
- If you use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer or hand mixer, the dip will be smoother and creamier.
- This dip can be eaten immediately but I really like to chill it for a couple of hours before serving. It'll have more of a cheesecake texture.
What should I eat Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip With?
This Pumpkin Pie dip with Cool Whip would go well with so many things... my favorite being a Thanksgiving Dessert Charcuterie Board (see below)!!
But if you want to serve it solo without a fancy board, here is a list of the things I used (with a *) plus more ideas! The one thing I really wish I'd had on hand was Ginger Snaps - they one of my favorite dippers for this sweet and creamy fall dip.
- Spice Cookies*
- Biscoff Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bakery Cookies* or Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Sugar Cookies*
- Pumpkin Roll* - sliced up!
- Mini Cupcakes*
- Graham Crackers (honey or cinnamon)
- Vanilla Wafers
- Apple Slices
- Pretzels or pretzel rods
- Storage/refrigerating: You can store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: This dip cannot be frozen - the consistency is ruined once it's thawed.
Yes, these are the same. They're both 100% pure pumpkin, steamed and pureed with no add-ins or additional flavors.
No. Pumpkin Pie Mix is already sweetened and already has some spices in it - it's ready to be turned into a pumpkin pie by mixing in evaporated milk and pouring into a pie shell. See the first question for what pumpkin puree is.
Tools needed to make the recipe
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer (if you use a hand mixer, make it in a large mixing bowl)
- Serving Bowl
More Fall & Pumpkin Recipes
Now - let's get to it! Here's the printable pumpkin pie dip recipe below!Print