My friend Shelly makes the *best* Twice-Baked Potatoes ever and I stole the recipe. Yep, I did.
So the other night, I made a whole pan of them! I already had a big pot of chili going and I wanted to make something yummy as a side dish. Since I still have a ton of potatoes on hand, these came to mind.
You know what else? If you ever need an easy, frugal pot luck dish, this one is always a hit. The potatoes are gone before you know it!!
Here’s how Shelly does I do them!Print
- 10–12 Medium Sized Russet Potatoes
- 1 stick of real butter
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Wash and dry the potatoes and place them on a microwave safe platter. *Microwave for 5 minutes, turn and microwave for another 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°. After the potatoes have cooled enough to be handled, cut them in half length-wise and scoop the cooked potato into a bowl, being careful to not tear through the skin.
- In the bowl, mash the potato with the butter, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are slightly browned on top!
- Allow to cool slightly and eat whole (with your fingers)…my favorite way, or the inside can be eaten hot with a fork or spoon.
- You could easily add your own custom ingredients to this recipe…bacon, onion, mushrooms, different cheeses, etc.
- *Microwave cook times will vary. Cook the potatoes until they are soft to touch and baked through.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? leave me a comment!
PS. If you’re not already subscribed to my blog, would you? You can sign up here for my free email updates and then you’ll never miss a cake or dessert or deal or any other quirky thing I choose to post here! 🙂