Cold Veggie Pizza with Crescent Rolls is an easy, classic appetizer that everybody loves! Using crescent rolls for the crust and whichever fresh veggies you love the most plus seasoned cream cheese to hold it all together ... you cannot go wrong!
There are probably hundreds of recipes online with variations of this appetizer, so today I'm going to share my favorite combination and give you lots of ideas for how to make it your own!
Ingredients for Cold Veggie Pizza with Crescent Rolls
Crescent Rolls. You can use either regular canned crescent rolls or crescent roll sheets for this recipe. You will need 2 cans of whichever you choose.
- Ranch Dressing
- Ranch Dip
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Dry herbs and spices (dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, etc.)
What vegetables can you use on a cold veggie pizza?
Fresh, Raw Vegetables. I'm very vanilla when it comes to vegetables that I actually like. So don't let my picky palette limit you. In the full recipe below, I list all the things I use but here is a list of things you could use and I'm sure I didn't cover everything...
- Tomatoes (diced, or halved grape tomatoes)
- Bell Pepper (Green, Red and/or Yellow)
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
Cheese. You will not see cheese on my cold veggie pizza but when doing research for sharing this post, I found that lots of people do add shredded cheddar cheese to their cold veggie pizza. It honestly sounds like a terrific idea, so if that appeals to you, go for it! And don't be limited to cheddar. I imagine most any shredded cheese would be delicious!
Now, let's get to the instructions!
How to make a Healthier Cold Veggie Pizza Recipe
This recipe is already loaded with fresh, raw vegetables, but if you want to make it healthier, there are several things you can swap out.
- Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
- Light, low fat or fat-free cream cheese, sour cream, mayonaise and/or use greek yogurt for the cream cheese spread
- Low-fat shredded cheese
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
First, let's get the crust made! Pop open the two cans of crescent rolls and separate them into four long rectangles. Press the crescent roll dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a large ungreased baking sheet (a 10x15 sheet pan is a good size). Press the seams together.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow it to cool completely. If you're in a hurry, you can even pop it in the fridge to speed up the process!
While the crust is cooling, let's make the cream cheese spread and chop your veggies.
Chop or dice all of your vegetables into small bite-size pieces.
Cut the pizza into slices approximately 3-inches square. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat! 😊
This veggie pizza appetizer is perfect for parties, snacks, potlucks, baby showers, etc.
More Appetizers Recipes...
- Cranberry BBQ Meatballs (from scratch)
- Sweet & Tangy Make Ahead Meatballs
- 3 Ingredient Sweet & Spicy Meatballs
- Marinated Cheese Appetizer: Perfect Party Food!
- Easy Pine Cone Cheese Ball With Almonds & Bacon
- How to Make Candied Bacon in the Oven
- Bacon, Parmesan & Cream Cheese Crescent Pinwheels
- Spicy Cottage Cheese Dip
- The Ultimate Guide to Super Bowl Meatballs
- Deviled Strawberries (Tiktok Recipe)