You need these: Walnut White Chocolate Chip Blondies.
Let me start by saying… I’ve missed my little blog. Five days is just too long to go without sharing a cake or recipe. But last week was insanely busy and stressful and overwhelming and crazy.
But it’s over… and thank goodness, this week should be much more sane and calm! Crossing my fingers….
So, to start the week off right, I thought I’d share a delicious recipe. These blondies are soooo good. They’re chewy and moist and loaded with texture… and just plain melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
We’ve been making these Walnut White Chocolate Chip Blondies since way back when I saw them on Bakerella about 3 years ago. And ever since the first time we made them, the recipe has been a keeper at our house!
Of course, I doubled it… because our big family sort of needs more of everything! And I simplified the steps just a bit… taking out one round of sifting and leaving off the maple butter sauce because well… I’m lazy and they’re delicious without it!
For this post today, the photos are courtesy of my 10 year old son Caleb (isn’t he a cutie with a kitten in his pocket?)…with some help from big brother Joshua.
In my house, my kids love to bake and cook… and they often latch on to a recipe and take it on as theirs. Caleb did that with these blondies… he is who makes these most often at our house… and he does a fantastic job all by himself!
When he made them for Mother’s Day a few weeks ago (for my sister-in-law, Amy, who absolutely adores Caleb… and adores his blondies), he asked if he could also take pictures for my blog. I told him, “Sure!”…. so he did!
Here’s what you’ll need: baking powder, baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour, walnuts, butter, brown sugar, 2 eggs (not sure why he only had 1 in the picture), vanilla, and white chocolate chips.
First up, you’re going to sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. We love our Tupperware sifter (not sure they’re available anymore), but any sifter will do!
Then stir in the chopped walnuts and set aside. We use a Tupperware Chopper for little jobs like that… yeah, I used to be a Tupperware consultant and I’m kind of a junkie when it comes to their products!
In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, mixing very well as you go, until completely combined.
Last… stir in the white chocolate chips.
When you’re all done, spread the batter into a greased 9×13 dish. All that’s left to do is bake and enjoy!!
Did I miss any details? Do you have any questions about this recipe (see below for the printable and specifics)? Please leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer and help out!
This recipe is adapted from RecipeSecrets.com.Print
Walnut Blondies Recipe
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or more if desired)
- 2/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift the ingredients into a bowl. Add chopped nuts and mix well; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the brown sugar to melted butter and mix well. Then add egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing between additions and until completely combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and spread out dough in a 9×13 inch pan. The batter is thick – we usually spread it with a rubber spatula. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or fork to test if it is cooked in the center.