Broccoli Cheese Cornbread is a classic combination of broccoli and cheese mixed into a sweet, delicious cornbread. It’s also a great way to get extra veggies into your meal!
This is one of the first recipes I shared on Rose Bakes way back in 2010. It’s a true family recipe that I’ve been making since I got married 23 years ago and my Mama made it when I was a child. Maybe they have it in other parts of the country but in my heart and mind, this is true southern comfort food.
Recently I was told that the thought of mixing cornbread with broccoli and cheese sounded very strange, but seriously, if you enjoy these foods on their own (or maybe even if you don’t), please try this recipe!
Broccoli Cheese Cornbread
I think my Mama got the recipe from my aunt, but I’m not sure. Anywho, it’s really, really good and it’s easy and it comes together very fast.
We have it year-round with regular meals and we also make it for potlucks at church and holidays for big family gatherings! Usually I have to double it if I’m making it for anywhere except home, but for a regular meal for us, one pan is a good amount.
The cool thing is, my kids actually like broccoli (as long as it has cheese piled on top), but if your kids, or your husband, or whoever doesn’t like broccoli, or if you want a new twist on broccoli, you might give this recipe a try!
It has broccoli (of course), cheese, butter, and Jiffy mix…how could you go wrong? Speaking of Jiffy mix, my family is pretty committed to real (not sweet Jiffy mix) cornbread for most any occassion. But we never minded Jiffy Corn Muffin mix when it was time for this recipe!
One more little tip before I go. For the blog post today, the cornbread was done in a 9″x9″ square baking dish which works great!
Other recipes you might like:
- Broccoli, Rice & Cheese Casserole
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- The Best Cornbread Recipe
Here’s the printable Broccoli Cheese Cornbread recipe for you:Print
Broccoli Cheese Cornbread is a great way to get extra veggies into your meal! It has the classic combination of broccoli and cheese mixed into a sweet, delicious cornbread.
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 lb. frozen Broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 medium chopped onion (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons) – halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put half a stick of butter in a 9″x9″ baking dish.*
- Place in the oven to get warm and melt the butter. Melt the other half of the stick of butter and mix with all remaining ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the warmed dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until browned on top. It will be easier to remove from the pan once it cools slightly. Run a spatula under it to loosen it.
*You can also bake this in a 10-inch cast iron skillet, following the same directions.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli, cheddar, cheese, cornbread, broccoli cornbread, broccoli cheddar cornbread, broccoli cheese cornbread, Jiffy, Jiffy mix, Jiffy cornbread, cheese cornbread
Love broccoli? Check out my other recipes here: