Several years ago - at least 8 years or more, I went to a Mother-Daughter Tea Party with my Sarah. At that party - the host served this Spinach, Strawberry, & Artichoke Salad.
I promptly asked her for the recipe... and I've been hanging on to it every since - but I never actually made it until this year - on my birthday.
Why, oh why did I wait so long?
This salad is so summery, fresh, sweet and crisp... perfect.
Honestly, I'd have never dreamed that I'd like it as much as I do - but since making it for my birthday back in May - I've made it two other times and each time, I'm more in love with it!
And when I made it for my birthday we had lots of friends and family over - they all loved it too. There wasn't one bite of it left at the end of the meal!
My recommendation to you: try this salad. As soon as possible. You won't regret it!Print
- 1 - 1 ½ pounds fresh spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped*
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts**
For the Dressing
- For the dressing, heat the vinegar in the microwave until boiling (usually 1-2 minutes - I do this in a large Pyrex glass measuring cup). Add the sugar, lemon juice, and salt and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the dressing to cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, add in the oil, poppy seeds, dry mustard and paprika; whisk until thoroughly combined. Set dressing aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, artichoke hearts, strawberries, and walnuts. When ready to serve, add about half of the dressing to the salad and toss again.
- Serve the remaining dressing along side the salad and add more as desired!
Once I used hearts of palm instead of artichokes. It was good, but I like the artichoke hearts better.