Today I want to share this easy-peasy Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cake (aka Oreo Cookie Cake).
I’ve been eyeing one of these Nordic Ware Cookie Cake pans for months and last week I broke down (ha!) and bought one!
You see, my friend Ashley love, love, loves Oreo Cookies & Cream filling and she told me when she got back from Thailand that she wanted a bowl of it to eat.
Well, as much as I would love to just mix up a bowl and hand it to her…. I couldn’t bring myself to do it without somehow putting it in or on a cake. That’s when I had the brilliant
excuse idea to finally buy the pan!
Great idea, right?
Anyway, so this cake is really simple. And the filling is very similar to the Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling except I altered it a tiny bit to make it stiffer (recipe below).
First, I baked a chocolate cake in the new pan and flipped it out to completely cool!
Then, mix up the filling/frosting below and piled it on! And you’re done!!
I really hope Ashley likes the cake… or at the very least, it’ll be very easy to take the top off and eat straight up Oreo filling 🙂
Here’s the printable recipe for the cookie filling…Print
- 15 Oreos, crushed (I used a food processor)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 oz. salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5–6 cups of powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp. milk, as needed to adjust consistency.
- With the exception of the Oreo cookies, mix all the ingredients together until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the crushed Oreos and you’re done!