Finally, huh? I’m going to finish up the Farm Animal Cupcake Toppers Series today with part 4: How to Make Fondant Cow Face Cupcake Toppers. And then tomorrow I’ll share the Barn Cake with you that goes along with these cupcakes!!
Did you see Parts 1, 2 & 3 of the series? You can see them here: How to Make a Fondant Chick Cupcake Topper and How to Make a Fondant Pig Face Cupcake Topper and How to Make Sheep Face Cupcake Toppers.
PS. I’d love it if you’d pin this post… just hover over the picture and the “Pin It” button appears in the upper right corner!
To do the fondant pig face cupcake toppers, you’ll need the following (shown in step 1):
- Black, White & Pink Fondant; I used homemade marshmallow fondant (for the white and pink) and Satin Ice Black Vanilla fondant.
- A black and a red food marker
- Sugar Glue
- Paint brushes (one for the sugar glue and one for the black gel)
- Round Cookie Cutter, about 2″
- Small oval cookie cutter (for the face)
- Mini oval shaped cutter (for the ears)
- Black Gel Coloring
- Small Rolling Pin (I use the Wilton 9″ fondant rolling pin)
The pictures are self-explanatory. Roll out the white marshmallow fondant and cut out 2″ round circles (I forgot to get a picture of this). Then cut out the pink oval (for the face) and the tiny black ovals (for the ears). You’ll want to slightly bed the black ovals to make the ears have some dimension (see #5). I attach the face and ears with sugar glue to the circle circle. After that, I drew on the nose holes and eyes with red and black markers. I gave the little cow some eyelashes just for fun! Then I painted on the spots – so she’d look like a spotted cow! And that’s it!
If you like these, you may also want to check out my cow cake pops!
One or more links in this post are referral and/or affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.